Lava Crowns and Bridges are made with a Zirconia framework which is a high-tech ceramic milled to a precision fit with Cad Cam technology. Lava Zirconia restorations are as strong as metal based Crowns and Bridges with many advantages such as:
- More natural appearance
- Eliminates grey shadows on gums
- Totally bio compatible feel like natural teeth.
- Nearly as beautiful as nature itself
Lava Crowns and Bridges are made from zirconium oxide (Zirconia). This is a ceramic material similar to the natural ceramic of your teeth. Once the Zirconia has been made into a restoration it has such a natural appearance that it can hardly be distinguished from natural teeth.
Lava Crowns and Bridges allow the light to shine through restorations just like normal teeth. The Zirconia framework is coloured to match the individual colour of your teeth before the fine layers of veneer ceramic are applied to it. This way the colour and translucency of your own teeth are imitated to the very core. With every smile Lava Crowns and Bridges will show their natural beauty without ever being noticed.
- Excellent aesthetics and translucency.
- Outstanding marginal fit.
- Superior strength of zirconia with high fracture resistance.
- Preparation is similar to PFM.
- Preparations require removal of less tooth structure.
- Cementation can be accomplished using proven, conventional techniques.
- Shaded frameworks are thin and translucent to ensure a natural and vital appearance.
- Easy to use custom veneering ceramic applies directly to coping surface without bonding systems or opaquer. Designed to meet the co-efficiency of the thermal expansion of Lava Frame Zirconia.
- Ideal for 3 and 4 unit bridges, crowns and splinted crown applications.
- Lava™ Frame Zirconia is available in 8 shades to provide better matching to the natural original tooth.
- Lava™ Ceram is available in 16 shades. The colour range comprises of the following components: 16 framework modifiers, 16 dentine materials, 10 magic materials, 4 enamel materials, 2 enamel effect materials, 7 shoulder materials, 4 Transpa-Opal materials, 16 modifier materials, 10 extrinsic stains, 2 glazes and accompanying mixing liquids.